Skip to main content

Looky Lou's

I talked Mark into getting voice mail about two months ago.  I like to talk and we don't have call waiting.  Now let me just say voice mail would be great if I checked and listened to all the messages.  At nine last night Mark listened and found out that someone wanted to come between 11 and 11:30 the next morning to look at the house. Messages I would have gotten in the 2 o'clock hour had I listen to them all.  That was fine the house is freakishly clean since the sign went up in the yard.  My kids will need therapy when this is all said and done. 

I got an email after midnight from the realtor (does she sleep?) saying that two different people want to get in to the house today to look.  I want buyers not lookers.   We left from 10 to 12.  I loving call these people Looky Lou's.  Not the true definition of a Looky Lou. There is a definition for the Looky Lou it isn't a positive thing. Looky Lou just works for me.  Although, I wish I could call one a buyer.    

We went and drove around a neighborhood we really like to look at houses for sale, took the kids to the park and got lunch. While we were at the park we saw a hawk.  He was on a very low branch and it was really interested in where Delta (our dog) was in location to his perch.  The bird never took his eye off the dog.  I got some okay pictures.  I really want a 85 to 100 mm lens.  I digress.  

We got a call at noon from our realtor that said we could go home. HA!  Someone pulled up to the house about 5 to 10 minutes after we got home.  We couldn't leave because we had picked up lunch and had just started to eat.  It was after 12 and it was a realtor from my realtors office. He was supposed to come between 11 and 11:30.  At what point do you as the realtor make a friendly phone call to see if it is okay if they still can come?  At what point to you just say,  we are having an open house TOMORROW from 1 to 4?  We are having an open house tomorrow!  Isn't that the point of an open house?

I now see why people put in the description of the house "serious buyers only please."  I always thought that was odd until I put my house on the market.  This is the first house I have ever owned and is obviously the first I am ever going to sell.  Serious buyers only PLEASE!  As if that will happen tomorrow!  I'm sure all the neighbors will be in here ~ Looky Lou's!  

On another note look at what Aunt Ruth made everyone do tonight, although they all did it willingly...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the