Skip to main content

11 Years

Mark and I got married 11 years ago today.  Time flies when you are having fun!  

The girls got up in the 5 am hour this morning.  Yes, 5 am.  They thought I was asleep and kept sneaking in my room to put stuff on the night stands.  It was so hard not to laugh because they were trying so hard to be quite.  They had a plan before they came in our room but Madison would say  things like, "okay, you go that way I'll go this way."  They would walk really slow into the room and then run out.  

Mark and I just giggled every time they left.  They came in and out at least four times.  If it had been light out they would have know we were awake.  They made us cards and left candy hearts.  When they were done they went back to their room and turned off the light and pretended to be asleep.  

When Nathan got up they came to our room and told us they came in the middle of the night to leave us our cards. Madison said it was midnight.  It was almost 6 am she has not concept of time.  I should really work on that with her.  They also brought us pretend food for breakfast in bed.  

I love them all very much.  What a great blessing to have three kids and be married for 11 years. Mark's 35th birthday is tomorrow.  I told Mark to take Nathan to Disney.  They both would get in for free.  I doubt he will do it but I have all day to talk him into it.    
      
Happy Valentine's Day!  

Comments

The Fo'Zaglia's said…
Congratulations! It only gets better:)
Taylor said…
How sweet! Happy late aniversary and valentines day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...