Skip to main content

Square

I am tired of doing things that do not add up logically. We do things because it is just the way it is done, the law, or protocol. I have to say I am feeling a bit rebellious. Which is not always the answer. Yet, rebellion led us to the country in which I live today. Not perfect, but a good place to live.

I am tired of society trying to make things work different when they can't. Improvement is always welcome, but not always achieved. Does this mean we stop trying to improve, of course not. It seems that emphasis has been misplaced at times and facts forgotten. For example, FACT: I am not a genius. (shocking to some, other are saying "far from it!") FACT: I can't become a genius. Not even if I surround myself with MENSA and read books all day long. My IQ is what it is and declining everyday. I might be able to improve it a tad here and there, but a genius I will never be. Society has a habit of trying to fit square pegs in a round hole and sometimes that square peg is just a square peg. Can some of us just be SQUARE?

Sometimes things that are made to make things "better", make new problems. Just an observation thrown into my life a lot lately.

To err is human! Yet, some of us are so prideful we forget this. I have learned lately that someone else makes an error and it causes us a lot of back tracking or more work. Sometimes we become a freight train in our furry. I am so glad I had time to react to a letter recieved this weekend that I could do nothing about until Monday. My first reaction was freight train, WAR! My second which proved less stressful for the war in which I engaged was not threatening and actually got me further than I thought. I still might have to do a lot of work on my end, but I see where my tactic worked so much better than freight train. I am in a war and the enemy doesn't even know it!

I recently read The Art of War, maybe my new views are because if this. I am not going to quote it exactly right, but one of the tactics is something along the lines of don't start a war with fire if downwind. Makes perfect sense, but how often are we standing downwind when fire is started? Just some stuff to chew on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the