Skip to main content

GREAT Grandma Jane


I don't have many pictures of the kids with my grandma or pictures at all because grandma wasn't here for very long. My grandmother likes to shop. Which was great for us, but not real conducive to picture taking. We got shirts, jeans, pj's, socks, scarves and so much more. Just had a good time shopping, eating and going to church.

I have to add my best shopping find was a $28 purse for $2.80. That is right $2.80. I asked the cashier is that right because I thought it was half off. She said "Yes, it is on sale." My grandmother had me run and get her one. We have matching purses now. Best thing is it is the same exact color as my last purse (decided I will carry a red purse until I die). My signature? Very excited to get a great deal on something I need, but hate to buy. I am always in sticker shock when purse shopping. I looked at Dillard's a few weeks ago when Karen was here. The one I liked was $250.00! All that to say, if my $2.80 purse only last a year how could I go wrong? It is cute and even my Liz purse is man made material and I paid way more than $2.80 for it.

I am blessed to have my grandmother in my life. I drove many miles to have her stay with us and would do it again if needed. She is a rare treasure in this world. Many people don't have a grandmother to spoil them and my kids have a GREAT grandmother that is willing and able to spoil us. She is my grandmother too so I get spoiled right along with them. It is a different kind of spoiled. My mom and Karen spoil me too (free babysitter, loving the kids, doing for the kids which is a break for me and much appreciated), but it is hard to explain a grandmothers love. It is different when it is my grandmother here and not the kids grandmother. We had a nice weekend with her and will treasure the time we do get to spend with her for a life time.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh how I envy you! My wonderful grand mother died when I was 12 and oh how we miss her. My kids have no true grand parents. Both our parents have passed on. So you are correct when you say your are so blessed to have your grandmother and a great grandma for your children. So glad you all had that time together.

By the way....she looks WAY to young to be a great grandmother...good genes for you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...