Skip to main content

"Normal"

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

This past year has been something else to say the least. From October to October, okay not quite a year but WOWSER! Didn't see that freight train coming. I have to reflect. I have been reading my blog entries going back to October of last year. Part of me can believe it has been a year since all this started and part of me feel like it was forever ago. Daily I have to turn my cares over to the Lord, carry my cross and trust with a faith that can move mountains.

Recap~

October 2008 ~ The company Mark is contracting for is a pool company and is really feeling the effects of the economy and crisis and has to cut back. Mark was not the first to go but his time is up the first week of October.

November 2008 ~ hint of a job in Raleigh NC. The person hiring has to wait until January to see if they get a contract or not. Very surprised at the lack of jobs in the Tampa area.

December 2008 ~ still no job. We put the house on the market because regardless of job situation we dislike the new neighbors and it looks like an out of town job is inevitable. We had been looking at houses since before July 2008 but now it is just time to move. Where we move to is now the question.

January 2009~ still no job. Raleigh company can't hire. Very few companies are even calling. We couldn't even get job recruiters to work with us. Recession is on full force.

February 2009 ~ End of the month Mark gets a call late in the day. It is a company that there first question is " are you willing to move?" UM, YES! Mark flies to Huntsville the next week and is offered a job with moving expenses. After 5 months of no return calls or many interviews we are willing.

March 2009~ Mark leaves the last two weeks of March to work and I am left to pack the rest of the house to move to Alabama during spring break. We decided we had to stay together regardless of the house selling. Very thankful for all the friends that helped make this happen.

April 2009 ~ We move into a rental house in sweet home Alabama. Our house in Florida goes under contract after just four month in a down market.

June 2009 ~ We close on the Florida house.

July 2009 ~ We buy a house (of my dreams) and move AGAIN. We leave for Florida for a week vacation after four nights of living in the new house. While we are gone a bad wind storm comes through and snaps our two huge maple trees. The largest tree falls on the house doing about $7,000 dollars in damage. We had not even owned the house a month.

August 2009 ~ Madison starts the first grade at a new school. Hard on momma. Then the last week of August Mark starts to have some medical issues and there is talk of MS. Very emotional! He gets MRI's of the brain and spine and blood work. Needless to say I call in reenforcement for prayer and encouragement. Because I did have a hard time with this on so many levels. Even the possibility of such a degenerative disease is devastating.

September ~2009 All results are in and Mark is "NORMAL". Our big joke is the did a brain MRI and found ~ Nothing! Joking aside I am grateful that it is nothing and prayerfully it will stay nothing. BUT even if it was something ~ my God is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever! Can I get an AMEN?

Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

Comments

Nicole said…
Wow! What a time line.
When you put it all down like that!!!

I really missing chatting with you. :(
Dinah McKinley said…
Hey Heather - crying as I am catching myself up on your blog. This summer has been crazy - I am totally loving Alabama right now, especially since football's in full swing - but still catch myself sometimes thinking: "is this real, did we really do this?" move away from everything we, as a married couple, and our kids have every known??? Anyway, glad you are doing well! Maybe one day, we can meet somewhere in the middle - still trying to get Meagen down here!
neikensnest said…
Glad to hear the great news about Mark!!! Praise God!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the