Skip to main content

All Hallows Eve Soap BOX!

Okay I know that Halloween in the christian world is a pagan holiday. If you do the history of Easter and Christmas well they are pagan in origin too. So with all that said....

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

I love dress up and CANDY! I love the excitement of trick or treats, decorations and running around at night. When do kids get to run around at night? NEVER!

Does dressing up and letting my kids make me less of a christian? I think not. Where is your heart is the question? I mean every church from here to Chattanooga was having a fall festival of some sort on October 31st. Just because you change the name doesn't make it different. If you call a duck an elephant it doesn't make the duck different! To me that is worse, trying to make something what it is NOT. Call it what it is, HALLOWEEN! I mean Easter is named Easter after the Goddess Estra. Are Christian going to start calling Easter something different? Really it is about the heart. Always is, always will be. Calling it something different doesn't change the heart.

I admire more the people that call it what it is and don't participate than the people that call it something different and still dress up and do the same activities. For me I choose to call it what it is and have fun collecting candy. That is that. I mean really ~ why do we give each other presents on Christ's "birthday" which isn't even in December? BECAUSE IT IS FUN! God know the heart and that is what is important!

Comments

Unknown said…
Totally agree with you Heather!!

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...