Skip to main content

One of THOSE days

Yesterday was just one of THOSE days. Maddie was sick, but not running a fever and desperately wanted to go to school. Alexandra had art class. So I took Maddie to school against my will, but it just made life easier.

The new pediatricians office is too busy. I constantly get "all lines are busy" when I call regardless of time or day of the week. I so desperately want to change doctor's, but this is the only pediatrician office that would take us. Almost every doctor in this city is not accepting new patients. The only reason we got in was because a new doctor started in August. We got "in" with her as our doctor in June. Crazy uh? I finally get through to the office appointment after a half hour of "this line is busy" and five minutes on hold for 3 pm. Great! I will get Maddie from school and off we will go. Also this appointment time gets me off the hook for sending her to school.

I then need to take Alexandra to art class. I put in my new contacts and I can't see. So I go and look at the percription box. -3.75! What? My percription is -1.75. No wonder I can't see. I think the are in .25 increments so they are 8 times worse than I need. Funny to put in contacts and see worse than you do without them. So, I have to wear my glasses. Not a big deal but my glasses are different and I think is the cause of my aching head. This also means back to the store to get the right lenses.

After art class I take Alex to Stride Rite because she needs shoes (not sneaks) that cover her toes. They measure her foot and she is a whole shoes size bigger than the sneakers she just got in July! Less than six months and a whole shoe size. Alex and Nathan are a wide foot so Stride Rite is pretty much our only choice. Of course the cute Cinderella silver slippers and the red Snow White patent leather shoes don't come in wide. Which is unfair but easy to say no to because what she really needed is a shoe she could wear everyday that is easy to get on and cover the toes. Good old Mary Jane, gotta love her! 20% off and still too much money for four months.

All three of us go to the doctor because what choice do I have? I don't. We wait for the doctor for over an hour past our appointment time. SIGH..... There is not enough hand sanitizer for a kids doctor office. Maddie doesn't have the flu (or didn't). The doctor said she could go to school today, unless her cough is a distraction to others. I would say it is very distracting when a 6 year old girl is barking every five minutes. I tell Maddie she can't go to school tomorrow (this leads to drama later).

I cooked pizza rolls and chicken nuggets for dinner because I didn't want to cook. I am sick of eating out. Not better for us just cost less and isn't takeout. I also made banana nut muffins because we had enough ugly bananas for the recipe. Dinner of champions.

Maddie goes to bed an coughs for an hour. I go in her room and she really panicked. She couldn't fall asleep and her throat hurt from coughing. She is in hysterics because she can't fall asleep but wants to go to school in the morning. Then she gets so worked up she threw up! All because she wants to go to school? When I was a kid I would do just about anything to stay home.

I let Maddie get up at 9 pm to watch a short movie in hopes that an over tired sick kid will be more likely to fall asleep. I propped her up on the couch until she kinda fell asleep, but coughed until almost midnight before she was in a deep enough sleep to stop coughing. Bless her heart she was asleep and would cough and then whimper. Asleep, but sighing is the best way to explain it. She woke up this morning and said " I am NOT going to school." Like she ever had the choice?

Comments

Stacie said…
Love your narration of the day :) Sorry it was THAT day, but still, love your narration!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the