Skip to main content

Waiting

Mark had an interview yesterday in Huntsville, Alabama.  We aren't sure what to think about moving to Alabama, but it seems inevitable. See, there is pesky thing called eating and apparently you have to do it in regular intervals or the outcome is deadly.  HA!  Anyway, we expect to hear from them soon.  At least that is what they told Mark.  
The company is a secure facility and Mark has to have his security clearance reinstated. Hopefully this doesn't take months if they want to hire him because he can not start until this is done. They make rockets, Mark said "rockets are cool."  I think he would like the job.  The security is so strict you can't take a cell phone or thumb drive to work!  

They paid for him to fly there, stay the night and paid for a rental car.  They are also sending him a check for mileage (to and from the airport) and food.  CRAZY!  So different than what we have experienced in the past five months.  Mark also learned yesterday if they do hire him there they will give him $10,000 to move.  I guess it will help pay to move that "BABY" grand piano.  I am thinking it won't last as long as I hope.  First and last months rent, moving trucks, etc.  
Mark already has a friend willing to use his time off of work to help us drive a moving truck up. That is a true friend! Someone willing to use their vacation to help you.  God is good!  I am so very blessed everyday by my friends. 

All that to say we might be moving but for now we wait some more.....  

Comments

The Fo'Zaglia's said…
Yee-haw! Dinah will be jealous! J/K. You'll be more hick than me. He He He

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...