Skip to main content

Good Game Girls!

Tee Ball has provided many laughs along the way. Half the team will start Kindergarden in the fall and have never played ball before. You can only image the goofs and spoofs. It was just a couple months of games. Not too long, not too short and tons of fun.

What tee ball has taught me...

1.) Stomach aches are instantly contagious and a few of the kids are in need of medical care because they get stomach aches every game.

2.) Everyone wants to be pitcher.

3.) The girls mostly get directions in parts and hardly ever complete the whole direction. For example, "pitcher when you get the ball, make the play at home." The pitcher will run to home plate without the ball.

4.) The kids love being called Hoover (as in a vacuum cleaner) when they catch the ball.

5.) Everyone wants to use the pink helmet or pink bat even if they are too big.

Most frequently asked questions when I am dugout mom...

1.) "Can I go talk to my mom?"

2.) "When do I bat?" which is followed by, "Is it my turn yet?"

3.) "Can I go to the bathroom?"

4.) "What is for snack?"

and last but not least..... 5.) "Are we almost done?"

Next week is our last game although the memories will last a life time. Alex and Maddie were to be on the same team this year. Which was great for so many reasons. Next year all three kids get to play and they will all be on different teams. This will be interesting since there are only two parents and three ball fields that you can play at each week. We will worry about that next year.

Good Game Girls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...