Skip to main content

My Reality TV Show

Okay the only people that would watch would be my parents and some close friends.  Mostly out of morbid curiosity.  I personally think it would be worth watching.  With a great editing crew I'm sure one week of taping would entertain anyone for at least 25 minutes.  Car pool alone is a five minute of humor.  The most hilarious part would be how I pay someone the clean my house but it is always a mess.  We might have them cut out the Webkinz addiction because it is really out of hand with no end in sight.  Do they have WAA, webkinz addiction anonymous?   

The two year old could get a few minutes in temper tantrums alone.  Although he is very naughty some of his antics are very entertaining.  I especially love the hardwood floor stomp, the run and hide under sissy's bed momma can't reach me there, laugh as I am being naughty and maybe she will let me continue to jump on ______ or climb on the_______.  You can fill in the blanks because the kid will jump or climb on anything.  

I feel like we need Nanny 911.  I will try something on my own which may or may not work. What is it with the two year old?  One day they are the sweet little baby and then BAM they are a wicked little toddler.  I do mean wicked in the most loving way possible.   I won't find out if my behavior modification will work until they are all grown and it is too late.   That is a whole different show.  

I got in and out of my car ten times today. TEN TIMES!  I didn't even get to get out to go shopping once!  I'm starting to think I should down size my house and get a nicer car.  I spend more time in the car than I do my home.  I only realized this today because of all the dishes not done, laundry clean but not folded, and there are toys everywhere. It isn't getting done because I can't do chores around the house if I am not here.  I sometimes daydream about someone else doing dishes.  I should be day dreaming about a vacation with my husband to Hawaii.  Not someone else doing my dishes!  

So much more could go into a weeks episode of our reality show.  Titles for episodes could include:  We Don't Have Cable, My Husband Works at Home,  I Double Booked Again, Birthday Party 101, The Answer "No, Not Right Now." Doesn't Translate into Ask Me Again Later, Don't Touch,  10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Talk to Mommy That Way, Reverse Psychology Does Work, and  You Can't Stay Home With the Dog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...