Skip to main content

Lets Get Ready to RUMBLE!

We took the kids to Sea World yesterday for our last hurrah of the year.  Our tickets expire the 31st.  Of course the day didn't go completely as planned.  Does it ever?  About 1:45 Nathan and I got into battle of the wills.  I wish I had a video camera.  I'm sure the gift shop camera got a hilarious taping of our little rumble.  Hind sight is 20/20 and at the time I thought he was being naughty.  Later I realized why we got into the wrestling match.  Regardless, his heart was in the wrong place.  It was the attitude that was the bigger problem at that moment.    

So, you are asking what happened, right?  Well, Mark took Madison and Alex on the Atlantis water ride, since Nathan is too small we were going to wait for them at the aquarium/gift shop. All was fine until Mark came back bone dry.  They waited in line and got all the way to the front next in line and the gate opened and Alex got scared.  I told him to leave her with me and get in line again with Madison.  Madison want to go on the ride in October but the ride was broken when we where leaving.  Typical!  

That is when the fun began.  Nathan started to cry because daddy was leaving.  I tried to bribe him with the idea of candy.  My mistake!  I found Jelly Belly jelly beans and for a little bitty bag (that I can get at the dollar store, same size and brand) that cost $3.99!  I thought candy was going to be the least expensive bribe.  Well, I couldn't spend the $4 plus tax for candy. Not knowing that they same size bag at the dollar store is well, a dollar.  I talked them into looking around hoping to find a less expensive bribe. We did find a cool sword for the same price but what happens next ruins it for Nathan.  

He plays with the sword for a bit.  Alex and Nathan started sword fighting and then I realized that there was a display of glass and breakables right behind them.  I decided to try and direct them somewhere else.  Nathan headed right for the jelly beans and picked them up and tucked them under his arm.  I tried to get them away from him and he stiffened up like a board.  The battle had begun.  I finally got the jelly beans away from him and put him in his stroller. He immediately got up and ran to the jelly beans and tucking them under his arm again.  He had that look of determination.  At that point I just couldn't justify rewarding him for his bad behavior.  Then when I started to walk toward him to get the jelly beans he started to yell, "no mama, no!",  not what you want your kid to scream in public.  So again we wrestled over the jelly beans and this time I buckled him into his stroller.  Trick me once, but not twice!  Then the screaming and tears started.  I was so embarrassed! He cried the whole time Mark was gone and all the way out of the park to the van.  

Once we got him into his car seat he said he wanted a cheese burger. Let me now rewind.  At lunch Nathan refused to eat anything but french fries so by 1:45 he was hungry but didn't know how to tell me. It wasn't until we got to the car I realized why we had the wrestle mania in the gift shop.  The kid was hungry!  Not my fault he refused to eat. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. So, off to McD's for a $1 double cheese burger. He ate the whole thing.  Not sure who learned the lesson here.  

The year passes were fun while it lasted.  Overall we had a great day. It was probably the best time to go to a theme park.   A week before kids get out of school for winter break and right before Christmas. 
There was hardly a soul in sight. We got to see a lot in the short time we were there. They had a special ride just for Christmas. The Polar Express motion ride.  At the end was SANTA! He looked just like the santa in the movie.  I wish I hadn't made all my Christmas cards this year. This picture would have made a perfect card.  
We also got to visit with family in Orlando Sunday afternoon. It was nice to see Aunt Ruth, Uncle Frank, Dave and Susan and the kids. Thanks Scott and Natalie for having us over to stay the night.  Your daughter is beautiful!  

Comments

Stacie said…
Sounds like me & my youngest... at least we get a workout from it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the