Skip to main content

Easter Weekend?

Our Easter weekend was anything but traditional.  We had a interesting weekend full of learning experiences.  First lets talk about mountains.  See in the valley it is a tad warmer so when you travel up it tends to get cooler.  Yes, I knew this in my mind. To experience it was a totally different story.  We decided Saturday to go to Mante Sano State Park for a picnic lunch. Elevation 1,600 feet. It was cloudy in the valley but was supposed to clear, it never did and actually got colder.  We could see our breath in the air by the time we left the park.  We had a good time and will go back when it is warmer.  
Saturday night around 6 PM I went to Cracker Barrel to do some one stop Easter Bunny shopping.  Never have I been so late on my Easter Bunny duties.  The kids didn't even realize it was the eve of the Easter Bunny until bed time.  Moving changes the priorities of life! All the girls expected (yes they expect something from the bunny) was Webkinz.  They need another Webkinz like a hole in the head. We have so many, but two more was easy and Cracker Barrel is within minutes of the house.   So, we added Sweetie Bell the canary and Dory the purple goldfish to our massive collection of Webkinz.  They also got more Webkinz clothes (40% off) and Nathan got a gun from the bunny.  Celebration of the resurrection of our savior with a gun?  He loves it and thinks the Easter bunny is the best (that would be me so I think it is great). No candy because well, who needs the Easter Bunny when they have Nana, Yea Yea and Aunt Marie sending packages?    

We colored eggs on the kitchen floor (two of the kids in underwear) in solo plastic cups on Easter morning. We went to Calvary Chapel Saint Petersburg via the webcast.  Although I really am looking forward to finding a church family here it is nice to see and hear Danny and the band.  

We went for a long country drive in North Alabama, almost to Tennessee due to my direction errors.  I'm not kidding, five to ten miles from the state line.  All was good but I knew it was getting too country when we finally decided to use the GPS.  Mostly getting a feel for the area and possible cities we can live in.   It is very pretty here and can't wait for the weather to be just a bit clearer so I can get some great pictures.    

Oh, and if you need and Auburn or Alabama gear, I'm your girl!  I'm in Crimson Tide country with a splash of Auburn orange here and there. Couldn't help but think of some Florida girls with Alabama ties this weekend.  Miss you all and hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!   

Comments

Melody said…
Great to hear about your adventures! Even when it is foggy and cold, there is still something about that mountain air!
The Fo'Zaglia's said…
I soooo understand. Things do and will continue to change once you move away from home. It's "A Whole New World".

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...