Skip to main content

Space Cowboys

This past weekend was a whirlwind.   My parents came in Friday night.  It was nice to have someone else you really know in town.  We went to the Alabama Jubilee (annual hot air balloon festival) and the US Space and Rocket Muesum and of course did the tour of Huntsville. They left yesterday after breakfast and are home safe.  

Saturday morning we were able to go into our house under contract with my parents.  My realtor is so sweet and I am so happy she is so gracious.  It is nice to show someone you know your diamond in the ruff.  After our morning tour of Huntsville we went to lunch at a local restaurant that serves wings, ribs and burgers called Beauregard's.  (Mike you have to have these ribs!)  It is by far the best ribs I have had in a while.  

It rained most of Saturday.  We didn't let it stop us going to the Jubilee.  It did start to rain just as they got the balloons going so they never took off.  We had fun just looking at them and having a fun picnic dinner.  

Sunday we chilled and did some shopping.  Monday we went to the US Space and Rocket Museum.  My boy is hooked. He wants to go to space.  Not Mark (although he would given the chance). Nathan wanted to leave with a rocket and seeing grandparents are in town he got his very own space shuttle. 

 
We got a year pass that we can get up to 6 in for free so if you want to come visit we can hit the Rocket Museum for free.  Ages 5 and under are free. We only use three of the 6 and if we need more tickets we get them for half off.  Not too bad.  It was great.  They have a Saturn V rocket on display in its different parts. It is amazing how big the rocket is compared to where the people travel.  EEE GAD.  Not sure how they get over being strapped to that much rocket fuel.

Mark said one day when he get off of work early (which is three days a week) he is going to the museum by himself.  Kinda hard to read rocket engineering with three kids, well four if you count my dad.  They have rides and a G force simulator.  Not sure if they are included or extra but it is a good half day trip.  We will be going back often.  

This Friday we are going to the botanical garden.  Hoping for sunny weather.  Flower pictures are my favorite.  Another place to entertain guests.  I would love to have anyone or everyone visit us.  I love being a hostess and we will have plenty of space for visitors.  Huntsville is pretty.  We have mountains and hiking or if you prefer we will have a pool and we can just hang out.  Only thing missing is you all!  It is a cheap vacation and you are welcome anytime.  Unless of course we are in Florida. 

We will be in the house prayerfully in August.  We have an inspection today at the new house and finalizing things in Saint Pete.  I could go on for days, selling a house is a pain!  I'm sure buy one is going to be painful too.  Hoping the inspector finds everything he needs to find, but also hoping nothing major!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the