Skip to main content

Queen of Google

Day in and day out I am frustrated with myself because I didn't take the time to write.  I want to write but I find myself not writing anything but thinking about writing.  I love to read and make time for reading but I find myself often just thinking about writing and not actually writing.  

I am not sure what will ever motivate me to write daily.  Being a mom to three tween/teens in a huge job.  Especially when one is being homeschooled this year.  I find myself saying things like, when the dishes are done or when the laundry is done then I will write.  Just let me check all this school work first and then I will write.  When it is quiet, I will write.  This could be why I never write.  It is never quiet in this house.  

Today I have had enough.  I am not about new year resolutions but I am going to make the commitment today to write daily.  I ideally would like to write not just for the blog but novel writing.  Blogging is at least getting my mind on the written word.  Instead of going to FB to lollygag or Pinterest for ideas I need to just write.  

During NaNoWriMo I was sucked into the world of research.  I started down the slipper slope that is the internet and just wasted time.  I know it takes research but I have a hard time with time management and my list of things I should do first.  It is much easier for me to research and be a Google queen than actually write.  It is much easier for me to do dishes and laundry even though I hate both those chores.  

If googling ideas and research got words down on paper I would have a novel or two by now.  I am not sure what in my mind keeps me from doing something I really want to do.  I think some of it is comparing myself to great authors and thinking I am not capable of such a great masterpiece.  Baby steps are not in my though process. 

Today I must start with baby steps.  I need to stop comparing myself to other authors and writers and just write.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the