Skip to main content

Wish Me Luck

It is crazy when all three kids and the husband is gone how quiet it is in the house. Today was a half day of school and the kids went mountain biking with their dad. I am sitting here in silence. I did go do a little shopping, cleaned up the much neglected kitchen and I though I should use the remaining time to write in peace.  

I have been researching notebooks and how to organize my ideas. There is a bullet method that I am not going to adopt 100% but it looks like I will try some bits and pieces in my Camp NaNoWriMo
2017 notebook. I start a new notebook for every NaNoWriMo challenge. I will let you know how it works for me. The one idea that stood out to me is start with an index and number your pages so you can find things. I have to say this is genius and not sure why I never though of it before and I am hoping it will help me find my randomness I want later.   

I am researching ideas now so that come April I have a ton of ideas and websites bookmarked in advance. Toying with trying to write a fantasy novel. The past few of my writing project have been dystopian. When I start doing research on my ideas for dystopian stories I kind of scare the living day lights out of myself. I think that a little fantasy will do my soul some good. I need to create a utopian world to repair my brokenness of dystopian research. I love to read dystopian but I can't seem to handle the research behind this type of writing.  

I have kicked around an idea for a very long time. It was my first year idea for NaNoWriMo in 2013. I had no idea what I was doing and I got sick in week two and gave up writing. I never gave up the idea. I wanted time to process it and give myself enough space from that project to start over. I think with time you forget what you wrote the first time but hold onto the ideas you love. I am not going to start where I left off.  I am going to start a new project with some of the same ideas.  Four years seem like enough time to start over.  Wish me luck.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...