Skip to main content

Insecurity

I am reading a book by Beth Moore called So Long Insecurity you've been a bad friend to us. I was asked by a friend to do a book club kinda thing. I agreed just to feel included so many miles away (insecurity?). I am lonely of being in Alabama without my girlfriends and agreed to read this book. I have to say I didn't think I had issues with insecurity at the time I bought this book. I am a pretty secure woman, but as I continue to read I see where we all have some issues with insecurity.

For anyone that knows Beth Moore you know she is a no nonsense Christian and is very challenging. I appreciate her openness and honesty. I am really enjoying the book. Mostly because I have two girls that will be women one day. Don't we all want our daughters to be secure? Of course we do. I think Beth Moore has hit the nail on the head! My challenge to all my girl friends is to not worry about what other think and buy a book that is about insecurity and read it! If not for you, but for our daughters!

Story time....

Last week, like most Thursdays I was taking the two little ones to art class. This is the hour of my week where I enjoy sitting in the car and reading in peace. My plan was to read my two chapters on insecurity (in the privacy of my car where no one is watching). It was the last art class and Nathan decided he wasn't going. Big sigh, I really don't want him to sit in the van with me for an hour. I really want to read my book! We agree I will sit in his art class so he will go. At least I will be able to read in more peace than if he is in the van with me.

Here is where my insecurity slaps me in the face! I want to read my book, but to take a book into the art museum with INSECURITY in bold face has all the sudden become a problem. I'm going to be honest here, I thought about taking off the paper cover to hide my book. Then I decide it would be less insecure to leave the cover on. I then thought about just reading later but then I have to sit in the kids art class for an hour doing nothing. So I suck it up and take my book in. I am going to be honest again... I put the book face down on the table until the kids where settled. I am such a nut! Why do I even give a flip if the other moms in the art class see me reading a book about insecurity?

Well, I start reading and the chapter that has examples from the good book about insecurity in the greatest bible characters. That is what I love about the bible. Event he best of the best are a mess. (that is kinda catchy) Anyway, I am in stitches reading Beth Moore's words and women aren't the only ones that deal with insecurity. In enters Moses. A perfect example of not feeling adequate or INSECURE about who he was! I mean he basically tells God he doesn't have eloquence when he speaks.

So I read my book about insecurity in public. (Not without issues!) I then read Beth's blog and she posted about other women that had the same issues with the title of the book and I am laughing so hard at the stories. Laughing because I can relate and that I was not the only woman in this world with the same thoughts going on upstairs. Girls we are so much alike and if we are honest about it we will be all the better for it.

I again challenge you to read this book because I think it is an issue that we over look both in how we were raised and how we are raising our kids. It will make you think and feel insecure. All part of the process. I believe I will be a more secure person in the days to come. My hope is that my girls will live a more full life when I can teach them to be secure too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the