Skip to main content

Nothing Stays the Same but Change...

I am sitting by a fire in the fire place, Mark is out in the man cave and the kids are upstairs playing nice. Have the mother planets aligned?

So much goes on day to day that I want to take the time to do a random post...

Nathan uses a made up word "butcept", as in I want ice cream butcept I already had some today. He has some how turned but and except into one word. He also uses it daily.

Madison has made all A's all year. She is a good kid and her teacher told me he would love to have all 21 of his students just like her. That is awesome! She is much harder on herself than I am. She also wants to be in the Olympics so she can be on TV. Not to win, just be on TV.

Alexandra is going to take a drawing class in the spring. K-4th grade class. The Pre-k teacher is recommending her for the older class. Yeah Alex!

Mark and I have just celebrated 12 year anniversary. I tried to get him to take me to Hawaii this year. I understand why he said, "not this year" (old house +new to us = lots of projects). Instead we got to stay home in 20 degree snow day weather. HUMF.... I tried! Can't blame a girl for trying. So my crazy anniversary thought was in 12 more years on our 24th anniversary (which I do plan on having) and Nathan will be almost 16! That is when I decided long term goals are good, but let us just take it one day at a time.

Mark is another year older, 36? How is it I am still 21?

Read a great quote today, "nothing stays the same but change."

April 5th will be our one year anniversary here in Alabama!

Star Wars has become a way of life around here.

Realized today I am out numbered. That took almost four years. I mean I always knew I was out numbered, today I realized I AM OUT NUMBERED.

I have a love/hate with the Wii. I love it, Nathan loves it more which makes me HATE IT! He has officially warn me down and I might have to pack it away. I limit his time, but it doesn't keep him from asking to play. He is strong willed and has ideas that are not remotely in line with mine. For example I told him he could play after dinner, so he wanted to call lunch... dinner. He is too smart for his own good and driving me crazy with all his wise ways to try and play the Wii when he wants to play.

So much goes on in life just want to share a bit. Next project is being delivered in a couple weeks. Working on taking down chain link fence. Will post pictures soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the