Skip to main content

Vacation?

Lots to tell since last post. Where to start? The Rays Vs Yankees games seems like years ago.

We had a great trip to Florida. We got to see the Rays play, spent time with friends and family, boat ride, rainbow, beach, pool, sunsets, breakfast pizza, shopping and scrapbooking of course.

This was cool, rainbow in the clouds blue sky?! We where on the boat. I am not sure if the water had something to do with this.

I will do a "vacation" slide show later.

Friday a week ago we got the dreaded phone call from the realtor. We were at my mom's house and Mark's cell rang and I could hear him say "which tree?". My heart sank because you just know it can't be good. Little did I know that both maple trees in our front yard had fallen in a wind storm Thursday night onto the house. The damage is minor considering the size of the trees. We hadn't owned the house for a month! It got us an extra day in Florida because we didn't have electric and the electrician would not be able to fix it until Monday. So we went to CC on Sunday and left that afternoon.

Only picture I have with one of the trees. This was the smaller of the two trees
(front of the truck.)

What is left.....

Sunday night in Troy, Alabama just 50 miles from our hotel we got a flat tire and the spare was flat. THANKFULLY it took air and we drove slow to our hotel in Montgomery.

By the time we got home Monday both trees had been cut down and taken away. Kinda strange to leave the house with two large trees and come home to stumps. Then the neighbors filled us in on details. The man we bought the house from has pictures of the trees. I will post them when I get them via email. The one tree snapped like a toothpick. Thankfully Mark parked his truck a car length back from normal or his truck would have had damage too. The tree guy has no idea how the tree missed the truck. He said there were huge limbs all around the truck but not one on it! One limb actually went over the house and landed in the pool. I am so thankful we were not home.

Fridge after four days without electric ~ Gross!

Pool with out the pump running and lack of care on our part is up to almost $200 in chemicals to fix the water.

We had only stayed in the house 4 nights when we left for Florida. We stayed in a hotel on the way up, grandma's condo, the kids stayed at Yea Yea's, we all stayed at my parents house and a hotel on the way home. Last Saturday when I woke up I didn't know where I was. In the past four months we have owned a house in Florida, rented a house AL, and now own a house in AL. Poor Nathan has no idea what we consider "going home". Mark and I decided home is where all your stuff is stored. So, we are home and Madison starts school Monday. Her first grade teacher is Mr. White!

I could go on with so many details but I have unpacking to do. I will leave you with this, after we packed in a furry to leave for Florida the kids in the car with Mark and I in the driveway I said to him, " I hate leaving the house so soon after moving in." He said, "the house has sat here for two years empty, it will be fine." DOH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the