Skip to main content

Blessings

We are days away from celebrating Nathan's fourth birthday. I have to register Alex for Kindergarten on Friday. I am a little sad and yet happy with all this growing up going on around here. I am so blessed let me count the ways (I'll try to keep it short)....

1. My grandmother visited us for a week. I am blessed for my grandmother to still be with us and able to visit. Not every kid gets to know their great grandmother. We had a great week.

2. My kids are healthy. For those that do not know someone with a chronically ill child let me say it puts healthy in a different light. I am not only blessed to know this family, but also blessed that it make the "normal" a blessing. I do not take this health for granted! I know that life is unpredictable and that anything could happen. For now I am blessed to have such healthy kids!

We just had a well visit for the girls. Alex had to get her eyes checked. They found that she is a bit farsighted. The eye doctor said this is normal and she doesn't require glasses yet. Alex is off the chart tall, really off the chart. The girl is going to be a tall drink of water. You heard it here first! Madison is also doing well, just not off the charts.

3. We have been in Alabama for a year! A YEAR? I have to say I love it here and overall it has been a great move for us. I look back at all the unknowns a year ago and what we have now.... WOW!

4. I am blessed to be able to watch tee ball games. Mark has somehow become an assistant coach and it is just so nice to see the girls and their daddy on the same team. GO PINK PANTHERS! I have to say that laugher is the best medicine and if you need a laugh..... go watch a tee ball game.

5. Great, loving, nice, quiet, caring, helpful, sweet, thoughtful neighbors. I know just about everyone on the block. They give gifts to my kids on holidays, bake goodies for us, even my next door neighbor has learn of my love for gardening and came over with a copy of the information for the local plant sale at the gardens (I already knew this information) but how sweet to take the time! What a difference from a year ago.

Comments

Nicole said…
Oh.......a year ago....18 months ago. What a difference! You paid your dues with the crazy neighbors - now you get to enjoy some nice neighbors. Enjoy these milestones. I can't believe my little Nathan is going to be four.....waaaa
Melody said…
This is a good reminder to be thankful and joyful for all the "little" blessings! The Lord definitely uses moving us to force us to prioritize. Things are put into perspective in a whole new way.

TBALL - What a hoot! Jared played last year and it has to be the most entertaining activity parents can watch their children participate in.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...