Skip to main content

Freedom

We just are settling in from being gone for over two weeks. What a great time we had. Our whole excuse for going to Florida was my cousins wedding. I decided if I was driving the 13 hours then I was staying until Grandma kicked me out of the condo on the beach. Well, she would never kick me out so that could have been a problem. I kinda like taking care of 1,000 squares on the beach. I was ready to be home in two weeks, so I didn't have to get an eviction notice from Grandma.

Mark stayed a week in Florida and flew home to work (love him!) and we stayed and played. We visited with a lot of family (Nathan got very confused). My aunt, your great aunt, grandma/great grandma. It was enough to make ones head spin! Then we tossed in friends and a playgroup. I can't believe that we started a play group over five years ago and how much kids grow in five years! I then went Orlando on my way to Jacksonville to visit Aunt Ruth and Uncle Frank for lunch and then on to Jacksonville to visit my parents. We visited my Aunt Lisa in St. Augustine and my grandmother in Jacksonville.

My mom then drove with us home. I didn't have to drive with three kids and the dog for nine hours and Mark didn't have to fly back to drive us home. She stayed for the week so we have only been home without company for a few days.

So much is going on in my head. The girls start school in less than two weeks. Thank goodness for grandparents. Yea Yea bought some new shirts for the girls and Nana went nuts with Ms. Alex and her first year of school wardrobe. Which is a blessing for me. I really only had to buy Ms. Maddie some new threads. I got a great deal on shoes for the family at Rack Room. All four in name brand sneaks for less than $100! Not bad if I do say so myself. Which takes me so off topic, kinda of.....

I am trying to keep my eye on a prize lately. That is one of a 100% debt free life. So far Mark and I are doing great! We have never had credit card debt. (I should say we have never paid interest on credit card debt, we have fallen for the 6 months no interest thankfully never have we not been able to pay that off.) We have done our share of what Dave Ramsey calls the "stupid tax", but we have learned from that (I hope). Both our cars have been paid off for some time. Although I am attracted to all that is shiny and new  i.e. Ford Flex. Why is that?

We have been in our house for a year. Which was purchased after nine month layoff and is good for the wallet. Really didn't go for the shiny (although I love my house and am blessed to have such a lovely home) it was modest in price and the interior needs a lot of work still. All that to say is I am going back to work next year in hopes to pay off our house! Sounds ambitious, but it is a goal of ours to have our house paid off in the next five years or sooner. I have been a stay at home mom for seven going on eight years and there is no reason with a teacher salary we can't do this. Lots of sacrifices have been made and many more will be made in the next five years, but after that...... FREEDOM! True freedom. I am dreaming of the family vacation we will take.

Anyway, this is my last year as a stay at home mom. I will embrace this year with much gusto as possible and take the opportunity to get to know my little man. I can't wait for Nathan and I to do what he wants not persuaded by a certain big sister. I also have to work on getting certified to teach which will take some time and patience. The beauty of being a teacher is your kids can go to the school you teach at so we will be together in a different way for the next few years. At least until Maddie starts middle school. Until then we will enjoy one day at a time and for now she is starting 2nd grade and Alex is started the big K.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the