Skip to main content

Random

Rarely do Dr tell you the whole truth about surgery, "oh you will be back to work in a few days" right!? BUT when they say it is going to hurt they aren't lying.

Alexandra has two loose teeth

I already miss taking Alexandra to art class. Might sign up both preschool kids next go round.

I miss friends and family terribly today. I think it is because Nana was here for almost a week and left today.

All three kids are sick. Same viral cold with all having different reactions. Nathan and Alexandra have pink eye, with runny noses and a slight cough. Alexandra also has an ear infection in her outer ear. Maddie is a mess and sounds like she has smoked cigarettes for 50 years. Finally got her a narcotic cough medicine so the girl can sleep. We have antibiotics, ear drops, eye drops, cough medicine and over the counter medications. Praying I don't put ear drops in the kids eyes. OYE VE!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!

Can't believe Christmas is upon us!

Did I say how much I miss my friends?

We haven't gotten much done to the house because we are having a hard time getting people here. Not sure what lesson I am supposed to be learning but some of this I can't make up.

Chimney guy was going to finally be here almost two weeks ago but went to the hospital for an infection in his hand (on the day I was scheduled) Haven't hear a word from him since.

We have an awful smell coming from the downstairs bathroom and have to pay an $79 fee for the plumber that said he didn't know where it was coming from. Called another plumber for a second option. He was supposed to be here yesterday at 8 am. NO SHOW. Called him and he said he got us and another client mixed up and would not be able to get here until TUESDAY!........ scratch that he just called and said he could come in 5 minutes if that was okay with me....... YES PLEASE! So weird he called as I was typing about him.

Four must be the magic number because that is the number of times it took the roof guys to fix the roof. I think it is fixed and pray that it is fixed right this time. Over two months since I signed the contract!

Not good news on the plumbing. I see my kitchen remodel $$$ going out the door and into the plumbers pockets. OR am I getting a new kitchen faster than we planned? UGGG! Talk of having to tear out ceilings and tub in master bath. Joy of an upstairs kitchen that ties into you master bathroom. Might end up with a new master bath too. Which only means other things will have to wait.

Comments

Melody said…
Whatever this bug is that isn't "the flu" sure is bad enough! We've had the same experience - we all have the same cause, but different infections. From sinus/ear infections to pneumonia! And when will it end? This started Halloween weekend! I've been hacking for weeks.
neikensnest said…
Life is hard, but God is GOOD

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...