Skip to main content

Three....Not Quite!

We decided to throw a party for Nathan before daddy leaves for Alabama.  For a few reasons, first we wanted to see as many as we could before we leave and second Nathan's birthday is the end of April in which we will have zero friends around us by then.  

We got to see 40+ of our closest friends and family and it was a blast! I'm not sure how we are blessed to have so many great friends and they will be missed!  HUMBUG!  I can't even type without getting teary.  

I don't think one person read the "no gifts please".  Nathan is very grateful for those that chose to ignore it or just don't care. For those that got the girls something too, Thanks!  I on the other hand have to pack more stuff.  ERRRR!

I have to say Nathan put on quite a show.  I have one friend that can relate.  1 baby boy + 2 older sisters = HAM!  He is a hoot and is great for a laugh or five hundred in a day.  We all love our baby that is turning three.  Poor guy will always be my baby boy!  

Nathan was very excited about the party and changed his mind a hundred times but once the picked the Spider-man cake that was it. Spider-man?  What is the fascination?  He really has no clue, but Spider-man it was.   He really wanted to "whack" a pinata.   I spent $22.99 on an empty pinata!  Why so much for paper in the shape of a super-hero?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...