Skip to main content

Cut Off

Well AT&T had no problems cutting off the phone service to our rental on Saturday at 10 AM sharp, but took their time getting us hooked back up with phone and internet at the new house. So much has happened since I posted last where to start?

Wednesday, July 15th
Mom flew into town! YEAH, nana is here, nana is here!

Thursday, July 16th
Just hanging out with Nana.

Friday, July 17th
I am another year older! I am officially 30 something. Not 30, just 30 something. We went to Build-A-Bear for my birthday. Funny thing is I had a blast even though it was for the kids. It was for the kids right? That whole process with three kids all at once was well CRAZY fun and we didn't come home with one bear. We came home with a bunny, horse and dog?


I also have to say my husband is a hoot. I told him not to get me anything for my birthday. He did just buy me the house of my dreams. Anyway, he bought me a Jack Johnson CD and put it on my seat in the van with a note that said " so you can't say you didn't get jack for your birthday." JJ and a funny note, love him! So simple, but a perfect gift and a laugh too.

Saturday, July 18th
Moving Day! Never underestimate the power of the WOMAN! I just want to say that I am stronger than I think. Although it did hurt to walk the next day or two. Mark did a lot on his own, but we with Nana moved our house in two days. Minus the BABY grand piano.

First night in the new house.

Nathan loved the ramp on the truck and was very sad when we returned the truck to the realtor.



Sunday, July 19th
Still moving. Nana leaves and we miss her. We really couldn't have done moving day(s) without her. Thanks NANA!

Now how to get Karen here to organize this mess? Feel free to send her money to fly here.


Monday, July 20th
Still no phone or internet and unpacking has begun. Mark said so much got done because I didn't have a phone or internet. BAH!

Tuesday, July 21st
AC guys come and start to fix the AC unit. Piano is moved AGAIN. We were told we could hire a crane to get it up to our back door (second level) and get it into the "formal" living room that way. Don't put it past us to do something so crazy. First things first the new deck has to be complete in order to even think about that move.

The Lee Family up the street baked us a pie and welcomed us to the neighborhood! Love them already. Mr. Lee offered to help us move heavy stuff. They were on vacation and come home until Sunday and we did all the heavy stuff Saturday, doh! I prayed for someone to help, got him a day late or did I not wait long enough? Things that make you go "hum?" Regardless, not many people are so nice! Really nice people not just ones that say "we are good people".

Wednesday, July 22nd
AC guys are back to finish the AC work and AT&T finally comes to the house! Found out today the rental house is being rented out ASAP which gets us off the hook for two months rent.

Here I sit blogging and catching up on FB. Should be packing, BECAUSE.......

Thursday, July 23rd
We leave for Florida for a week! Off to Grandma's beach condo for a girls scrap weekend and family fun. Finally going to scrap my 2001 cruise to Spain, Casablanca, Gibraltar and Portugal. My life before kids. This is a much needed carefree week after the past nine months.

Comments

The Fo'Zaglia's said…
I'm so happy for you guys:) Enjoy your weekend away, it's so necessary.

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the