Skip to main content

Our House

Let me just say I have been waiting for us to close on the house to tell you this story. We officially closed yesterday and now have a new to us house. It is a silly story on so many levels, but it is my story that I want to tell.

Lets go back to the beginning of the year or about that time. We knew moving long distance was going to be almost inevitable. I started to price houses in many different cities where Mark was applying for jobs. We just wanted to see what we should be prepared for. Our house was already on the market and it was a matter of time before we would have to move somewhere USA.

I remember finding this house and telling my scrap buddies one night about my most recent find. I was in awe of this house. It was more than I ever wanted but what I always daydreamed about. I thought of the price was remarkably low. I remember showing my car pool friend the specs and the price was just crazy low compared to Florida. I commented to my mom that if it was meant to be then the house would still be for sale when we where ready to buy. I didn't even know if this city would be the one we would move to.

Then Mark landed a job in this city! Of course I started looking at houses again. We didn't move here until April and our house hadn't sold yet, but this house was still on the market and had dropped $10,000. This is the first time I walked into the house. I liked it and so did Mark but we decided to keep looking. I remember Mark saying to me "when our house sells if this house is still on the market it will get considered."

Then we get a contract on our house in Florida. This in itself was amazing a contract in four months! Although we sold for what we felt was very low we were ready to try and get settled here. Our goal was to be in the school district before August 10th the day school starts. Ambitious, but a goal that was important to us.

We had been looking for weeks at houses. We kept going back to this house. The last time we looked at it (third time for me and fourth for Mark) the price had dropped another $10,000. We kept saying to each other "Is this really the house?". Could we find a house online 650 miles away and end up buying it? We looked for weeks refusing to believe this could be so easy.

On my third visit we knew it was time to make an offer. So we made an offer and got it for even less than asking price and now I own it! CRAZY! I can't believe that I found this house online and even though it needs TLC is just right for us. We aren't ones to shy away from a remodel. After looking at so many houses we felt like minus the upgrades needed it was perfect for us and in time will be just what we like for much less than other houses we have looked at.

We were told even after contract pending that people were going in everyday to look. The realtor had to take it off line because she was getting so many calls. Even this week someone called from the sign in the yard with the sale pending sign and asked "how for sure is the sale?" I feel like we won. We got all we wanted and more for a very low price. Our realtor told us we got this house at investor pricing. We would have to put a ton of money into this house to exceed the resale price.

First project turn the outdoor laundry into an indoor laundry room accessible from the second downstairs bedroom we are turning into the "wet" room for the pool area. It already has a double door to the backyard and was considered a bedroom, but used as an office. We are converting it into a downstairs wet bar/all purpose room for pool since the kitchen is on the second floor and the family room is downstairs. It is a split foyer house. I am going to take video to post tomorrow.

Silly story but such a blessing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the