Skip to main content

Pumpkin Patch

Have you ever been on a school bus full of five and six year olds? Oh my word! There little voices are adorable individually.  Ear piercing all at once.  It was like a chorus of little chattering monkeys.  The pumpkin patch was across town so I had heard enough chattering by the time it was all done.  

This was my first field trip with Maddie's class. They all are so cute, even the naughty ones.  They ran nonstop.   If I could just bundle up the energy of 14 little kindergartners and take it as needed I would be able to clean house in minutes not hours.  There are only 6 girls in her class.  I'm not sure how her teacher does it five days a week.

They loved throwing the hay into the wind, which got them in trouble.  Pumpkins rolled off the pallets more than once.  The look on the kids face when they would touch a pumpkin and it would roll was funny.  Funnier was watching them try to get the pumpkins back on the pallet. 
Looking around to see if anyone saw what they did.  They all liked the pumpkin that had these crazy little growths on it. After they ran around the patch they got to listen to some Halloween stories and do the Monster Mash. It was a graveyard smash.  

They all got to pick out and take a little pumpkin home.  I was expecting the tiny little cute pumpkins,  but they actually gave the kids a good size little pumpkin.   Our little pumpkin is on the front porch with the little pumpkin that our Nana got us.  Two cute little pumpkins sitting on a porch.  A true sign of Fall.  

Comments

The Fo'Zaglia's said…
She is a cutie! She is changing so much. Starting to look like a young lady instead of a child. Oh it's too fast.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...