Skip to main content

Boy Wonder

As in, I wonder how the boy is still alive at two and a half. Look at this mug shot. Above the right eye was Saturday nights accident.  Nathan was "dancing" and fell into the entertainment center. He gives a whole new definition to break dancing.   What the picture doesn't show is the bruise on top of his head and his red, black and green eye. Sunday afternoon injury is the upper lip and cheek.  He fell in the garage "helping" daddy. Today, above left eye (right of picture). He was walking as he was looking behind him and when he turned around hit the door frame.  Mark says he looks like a poster child for abuse :(  It hurts me to even look at him.  It looks like he is growing horns on his forehead.  (click on picture if you dare) 

Saturday night his forehead bruised before I even picked him up off the floor.  It bruised before it swelled up.  Madison said, "Well there goes family pictures!"  Who does that sound like?  ME!  Mark and I just laughed.  Why the laughter, we aren't planning on doing family pictures any time soon.  Funny girl.  I went out Saturday night to a girlfriends house after the accident to finish Christmas cards and chit chat.  I had to call Mark and ask him to wake him up just to make sure he didn't have a serious head injury.  Dramatic I know.  I did finish my cards by the way.  

Mark took him to the grocery store tonight.  I don't even want to take him out in public.  He looks awful. Everyone keeps telling me things like, well he is a boy or yep that is a boy for you. I am starting to wonder if his rash of bad falls and bumps is an equilibrium issue?  It has to be worse than being a boy!  Are boys really this accident prone?  Oye Ve!  

Comments

The Fo'Zaglia's said…
Oh my!!! Still cute though. Do you have "full" head of gray hair yet?

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...