Skip to main content

Blast Off


This weekend we did a spontaneous trip to Ellijay, GA. It was a nice weekend that ended too soon. Mark has a very flexible schedule within certain guidelines. All that to say we had a long weekend with not much to do. Living in a rental there isn't much to do and it seems like we are just waiting around for house closings to happen. We decided after a friend called and said they would be in Ellijay this weekend (only three hours from us) we decided to stalk them.

On Thursday night Mark found a place to stay and we left Saturday. Only because there was supposed to be a company picnic Friday night that got rescheduled or we would have left Friday. It was a beautiful cabin in the mountains. It wasn't the easiest to get to, well leaving the cabin on our little town trips was harder. Toward the middle of the weekend when we would leave we would count down and yell "blast off". That is when Mark would floor the van just to make it up the mountain. It was not pretty. The van struggled to make it up, but we always made it out. The last trip up the mountain loaded with all of us, belongings and dog was sweet relief when we didn't get stuck. I really wished we still had the CRV this weekend!

We got to see some friends Sunday from Saint Pete. The family we car pooled with. I miss my car pool girls. You see them almost six days a week (church too) and then you don't see them in months! Well, the mom's keep a secret from them and we had a plan to meet at the Carter Lake Beach. Oh to see the girls faces again they were shocked! Ally was so cute. Her jaw dropped to the ground when she saw us and then quickly regained her composure and said "the Stofer's are here." The kids had lots of fun and I am very thankful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...