Skip to main content

Soap Box

I have so many random things going on. I need to vent, soap box, just write it down. Enjoy!

UPS delivered a great check today. Profit from our house sale. Wish they delivered these kind of checks everyday.

AT&T sent a rebate in the form of a debt card. Have you ever used one? I now know to spend the whole amount at once but GESH, how cheesy!

Allstate was cheap! Sorry USAA moving car over too to save almost $600 a year. Same coverage lots of savings. AND the savings because we no longer live in Florida is amazing. Auto is half as much a year and home owners is less than $800 for the year. I couldn't believe it that is over $1000 less than Florida and we had cheap insurance in Fl. Our homeowners went up to over $3000 one year with Citizens. No wonder there are so many foreclosed houses in Florida. Insurance went up from $700 to the highest at over $3000 in a ten year period. NUTS!

The federal law that will not let you get information unless your name on the bill is a pain! Note to self get everything in both names.

Mail lady gave Madison a lollipop one day, now all three want to wait for the mail lady to get a lollipop. CUTE! Only took once for all three kids to go meet her at the curb. The mail lady loves it! But all I got was mail?

Closing on the new house Monday, June 29th! UM that is only a week!

Free chocolate is cool. www.realchocolate.com every Friday!

Deep sinks, french doors on refrigerators, counter tops ~dare I say two different kinds! So trendy! Dishwasher that holds 17 place settings (wish I could afford that one).

Pool!

Pink, purple and NAVY? I have lots of painting to do.

Mermaids, pink poodles and space ships.

Oh and there is the grand piano AGAIN! Darn thing is always creeping up into the picture.

Really need to find a family doctor before someone gets sick. We are on waiting lists.

Finally found a church. Summit Crossing Community Church or SC3. Kinda like CC, but never will be able to replace CC.

Mom visiting in July, moving in July, Scrapbooking in July! Visiting family in JULY! TURNING ANOTHER YEAR OLDER IN JULY! July is looking busy!

I need to wash this grey out of my hair. Where did it all come from?

Nathan has officially stepped into the terrible threes. I will take two over three any day! Three to four is the worst! So far..... I'm sure they will have moments later in life too. Maybe that explains the grey!

I no longer own a Florida home. Bitter Sweet. Loving the savings in Alabama, but Florida will always be home. It really is expensive to live in Florida. Didn't realize that until we moved.

Come back often for house updates and such!

Comments

Nicole said…
Hey girl,

We're home safe and sound.

I don't envy all those details of selling and buying. What will you do with all of your extra time when this is done next week?

I've got a package for the kids. I'll send it once I get all this laundry clean and put away.

Talk to you soon.

Nicole
neikensnest said…
Nice saving money isn't it?!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the