Skip to main content

Honored

I was a little bothered at first that I am not going to be on the loan for the new house.  Not because I want to be or that I wanted to sign a ton of paper.  I will be on the title which is what matters. Here is the kicker, I don't make any money therefore I don't have to be on the loan. OUCH!  I might not make money but my contribution to this household is not so black and white.  I don't really care to sign paperwork needlessly,  it just rubbed my fur the wrong way.   

There is this ornery side of me.  That was your warning.  Here it comes...... The boastful side AKA pride that wants to say, hey wait I have a masters degree. I can get a good job.  I am capable of income.  What do people think I do all day FB, blog, and eat dark chocolate.  I do have three children that have to be cared for almost 24/7, it's not like I sit around all day and do nothing.  I deserve to be on the loan even if I don't make any income. That is where GOD strikes me down and says "all this I have given to you".  I am blessed to not have to sign on the dotted line.  I can get all worldly and act like I am something with all my this and that, but it is all His and I am blessed beyond measure.

So once I was wasn't bothered AKA humbled,  I shouldn't be bothered but instead honored. For almost 7 years my husband has proved for us so that I don't have to "work".  Someone has to work and Mark is the one that choose to do the work that makes us money.  There are the obvious reasons like he can make more than I can.  The reason I am able to stay home with my kids and see them almost every minute of their lives.  That might not seem like a pleasant idea for some, but for me I can't image having to go back to work before they start school.  I wouldn't trade my 7 years of potential income for being able to sign some loan papers.   

I have more than I ever imagined, more than I need, more than I even want, for that I am grateful and humbled.  

Col3:23  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...