Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo & Weekends

This blog brought to you by Saturday and endorsed by Sunday. Ahh, the weekend. A time to relax for many of us. It can also be a time to get things done around the house or run errands because the week is busy.

The weekend can quickly get away from you. Today I woke up later than my normal 6:30 am. That is my latest get up time in order to get the kids to school on time. I am not a morning person. I slept in until 8 am today.  Which is "sleeping in" when you have kids. It is only an hour and a half later but that is a long writing time.  I could do a day and a half of word goals in an hour and a half.

So my point is proven just as I type this blog. Here it is 12:09 PM already.  I spent most of the morning in PJ's drinking my coffee on this much cooler October morning. I showered and did a craft project with my middle child. When we were done I started to blog. She asked if we could go to the library. Since the other two kids and my husband went on a walk in the the woods I took her right when she asked. That also was about mid paragraph two during this blog.

Time slips away during the weekends especially when you have "extra" time to write. You have to plan your writing time on weekends if your weekend is anything like mine. You have to make time to write because life can be very busy or you can waste time being very lazy and relaxed. Even when times are lazy and relaxed like today time disappears for those that don't plan a writing time.

I suggest finding a time that others will not bother you.  I usually write in the evening on weekends after everyone is in bed. When push comes to a lacking word count I will write when the family is watching a movie. Not ideal because I lose family movie time but not the worst time to not hang out with the family. Find time now to schedule writing time on the weekends in November. You have to make your writing intentional or you will not get to 50,000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...