Skip to main content

Camp

CampNaNoWriMo is right around the corner. Yes, another NaNoWriMo writing challenge. This one is a little different but I love a challenge and for whatever reason they motivate me to write. CampNaNoWriMo starts April 1st, no joke! April fools, get it? No joke... Anyway, I am going back to an idea I had in 2013 and although I plan to start a new story I am going to use my notebook to get me jump started. CampNaNo is about writing anything and setting your own goals.  It is also a camp like atmosphere where you have a virtual cabin of 11 other writers you can encourage or chat about writing (although in the past it seems we are all too busy writing to chat). The challenge is more self monitored and you set your goals and you can write anything, not just fiction.

My last post I told you I am looking into a new way to journal/write in my notebooks.  I have always labeled my notebooks so they are easy to find later and it came in handy today.  I pulled my 2013 notebook out today and started to read it for inspiration.  I have some gems in that notebook.  I am starting a new notebook for April and I am going to try and follow a bullet notebook idea.  I am going to assign colors to character ideas, plot ideas, etc and organize it not only by color but keep a title page for the entire notebook.  I'll let you know how it goes.  So far I have a new set of pens and a notebook.  

I am really struggling with writing everyday and letting things distract me.  I told my husband today I am addicted to stupidity.  I waste my time reading and doing the silliest things.  I am not sure why we as a society watch for days on end a giraffe that is about to give birth. I have not been watching but I see all the shares on Facebook and all the talk of April the giraffe.  I know enough to know the giraffe has a name. I seriously have to get off of Facebook. I changed my password today to a random password and logged off. I am not deleting my account but MERCY! I can't take it any more.  Enough is enough. So I might miss when April has a baby and I am sure someone will talk about it at car line. I won't be the first to know, I'm okay with that fact.  

April is just one of my pet peeves on Facebook.  Between the political talk, fake news, the over sharing of the good life and under sharing of the bad is just as hard to watch but not hard enough to keep me from logging on.  I mean you can't not tell us about your divorce and turn around and post that some fabulous man asked you to marry him. I'm sitting over here thinking, What? Who? How?  It is awkward.  It is hard when your Facebook friend is so far away in miles but so near to you on Facebook and you are clueless.  I am like ...congrats! but what happened to Mr. #1? 

Then there are the people that tag your friend in something and you are not friends with them but the post is controversial.  Seriously can't take the visual and emotion stimulation anymore.  People are so judgmental and hypocritical that posting something to persuade me or others is turning me into a cynical person. I clearly need a break and it is just in time for me to write and read for CampNaNoWriMo.  No excuses.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the