Skip to main content

A Time Line

This is a time line of how one can be very busy but get very little done. Some times are estimates, some are recorded by phone call, text or email.  I had that much going on yesterday that I have many events time recorded and because of technology I can sit here hours later and sum up my day.

6:15AM I get up get kids ready for school, pack lunches, get dressed, etc.

7:25 AM We leave for morning drop off.

7:44 AM Pick up mom for a scheduled procedure at hospital (text from driveway confirms time).

8:00 I know the time because I commented how the boy walking from the church to the high school was going to be late with two minutes and over a block to walk. I then pull into Dunkin for coffee. One highlight of my day.

8:15 AM We get to hospital and wait.

8:57 AM We get a text, "Report to lobby desk". My mom goes back for procedure. We (homeschool kid and I) wait some more.  She is trying to do some school work.  I am trying to read but I am fascinated with people and watch and listen to everything.  I think I read one paragraph three times yesterday.

10:25 AM Text, "Report to lobby desk".  My mom is done. We go back to see her.  She is still asleep, sort of.  We joke and giggle while we watch sleeping Nana. Which might be good conversation or material for novel.

11:00 AM My mom is ready to leave hospital. We have to eat lunch and go to a 12:45 allergy appointment, she lives about 20 minutes from hospital and 20 minutes from the allergist.  She is in no condition to go with us and I am parked in the next to last spot at the hospital. Literally a few spots from the farthest to the door.

Noon ~ We are at my moms house with lunch but my dog needs to be let out.

12:10 PM We stop at home let dog out. I feel bad because she has been locked up in her kennel since 7:25 AM so I leave her out to roam the house.  I am home for three minutes, it only takes that long to make a bad decision. (Foreshadowing to later events)

12:13 PM Back in car to allergist.

12:25 PM Sign in at allergist and have a ton of paperwork to fill out.  They call Alexandra back but when they go to take her temp the batteries are dead.  New batteries and then into the patient room.  Nurse practitioner comes in to check eyes, ears, nose and throat and the flashlight to the tool doesn't work, batteries are dead.  We laugh and the nurse looks at us like what?  We explain the thermometer batteries.  What are the chances?

1:26 PM Starting 20 minute test but we need to leave by 2 in order to get my son from school on time. Tick, Tock.  Is that rain I hear?  Not only is she still allergic to peanuts we now have five new foods to add to the list and a crazy diagnosis of Oral Allergy Syndrome.  Good news is there is a new blood test for peanut allergy to target proteins that are anaphylactic. Which could lead to a food trail depending out her reaction to which protein in peanuts.  Not sure 100% of all the testing and possible outcomes. I have more questions than answers.

1:59 PM I am checking out at allergist I only know the time because husband calls.  I can't talk but he needs to know I can pick up the man child.

2:08 PM As I am driving in the rain to get the man child, the phone rings.  Man child is calling to tell me they will not let walkers out because of thunderstorm.  I get in car line around 2:20, with time to spare.  

2:25 PM I get an email, a phone call at 2:31 PM and a text at 2:39 PM all saying the same thing.  All while in car line at the elementary school to get the man child who is released at 2:30.  Did I say it was raining and they can't walk out to the car and all at the same time my phone is blowing up.  I am overwhelmed at this point and the phone is also ringing, dinging and vibrating with notifications from the middle school but wait...

About 2:40 PM  I roll down my window to tell the lady at car line his name and then the window will not go up. IT IS POURING!  Oh and it is a thunderstorm. We have to drive home with window down.  Before we get home man child asks what is for dinner.  Any mom that has been gone all day does not what to hear this question.  We live a total of three minutes from school and it is not even 3 PM.  I tell him I have had a long crumby day.  He asks what was wrong with the day.....um, for one can he not see the open window with all the rain pouring in on his sister?  I tell him I have been gone all day and I have no idea what is for dinner so please don't ask again.

2:46 PM We are home finally but it is still raining and window is still down.  I text husband to call me because he is not at his desk.  While on phone both kids come down to tell on the naughty dog who was scared during the thunderstorm.  We were not home during the beginning of storm and she was not in her kennel.  I will spare details but all this leads to more work.  I am officially over the day.  My window is still stuck down and I have to get my 14 year old by 4:15. It is still raining.  I go out to put a trash bag over the window but this is not going to last long or work while I have to drive to another school.  Now I am wet from head to toe because my umbrella man is kinda short.

2:59  PM I call my mom to see if I can trade cars and park mine in her garage.  I have to go to her house she is not allowed to drive so she can't just get the 14 year old from track practice.  I load two kids in the car to drive in the rain again and the window goes up! Seriously couldn't get the window up just 20 minutes ago. Man child asks, "Are we still going to Nana's?"   Sigh, but no. No we are not.

3:55 PM I leave to get 14 year old from track practice at school she gets in the car and also had a high expectation day with everything failing to meet those expectations so she is in a ho hum mood.  We go straight to get Chinese for dinner.  I take a shower and get in Pj's because I am D-O-N-E and I realize the dog doesn't have enough food. Mark will not be home until after 8 PM.

Nine hours and I got very little done. What I learned from today, out of my normal routine is stressful for me.  Especially with added storm and digital reminders, notifications, phone calls and time crunches.  Nothing as bad or awful just trying.  We got very little school book learning done but we learned a lot at the allergist.  We now have an other appointment or two to fit in the already hectic life.  I still need to go shopping for food and dishes are piled high because I was gone all day and I am more behind on house chores.  We try so hard to minimize but always seem to be adding to our schedule. Today is a new day and we are stuck home because we are getting new garage doors. Never a dull moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Saint Patrick's Day!

Ada you will love this... Madison loses her tooth yesterday on the way home from school.  I am so excited, I take a picture as soon as she gets out of the van and post it everywhere and email it to family.  I clean it off and put it in a zip lock (easier to find under the pillow, right?) and we tuck it under the pillow and we all, ALL fall asleep.   Madison wakes up at 5:30 AM and says to me, "I can't see if the tooth fairy left me anything". PANIC stricken.  I FORGOT THE TOOTH FAIRY JOB!  Okay this is my only job on earth.  I can't remember to exchange cash for a baby tooth. I send her to the couch and tell her it is too early that she has to try and go back to sleep.   I grab Marks elbow and he says to me, "it is only 5:30".  He was awake and heard her too.  We both lay in silence for 30 minutes hoping she falls asleep.  Funny thing is once we talked to each other thirty minutes later, both of us were in bed formulating a plan.  He wanted to sneak out our

Mohawk!

    Um, where to start?   I went away for the weekend with girlfriends to get some R & R and scrapbook.  Little did I know I was going to come home to a Mohawk.  GO RAYS!  I think Nathan is loving the attention that comes with such a dramatic do.   I really can't believe Mark did such a crazy thing.  I don't think anyone that saw Nathan at church could believe it either. For all you wondering, I love it and I will go away on another girls weekend.  It's not like he gave all the kids a mohawk.  The girls still have their lovely locks.  

Time

Yes, my topic again is about time.  This one is not about the waste of time, but the passing of time.  As in how long it has been over a period of many days, years, etc.   Saturday night I went scrapbooking at a friends house.  Something we have done for about two years!  WHAT?  Two years, at least once a month.  Where did that time go?  I feel like it was just yesterday that Meagen and I where going to Anita's.  At the time if you would have told me my scrap buddy was moving in the matter of months to Fuquay-Varina I would have said two things,  "Where in the world it that?" and then I would have said "yeah, right!". She probably would have said the same things at the time.  I now see it all as a God wink.  Most of you have been to a Women of Faith conference and have heard the term God wink.  I appreciate all the God winks in my life.  See, at the time I didn't know Anita except from an occasional candle party or birthday party.  We were aquanitices at the