Skip to main content

Looky Lou's

I talked Mark into getting voice mail about two months ago.  I like to talk and we don't have call waiting.  Now let me just say voice mail would be great if I checked and listened to all the messages.  At nine last night Mark listened and found out that someone wanted to come between 11 and 11:30 the next morning to look at the house. Messages I would have gotten in the 2 o'clock hour had I listen to them all.  That was fine the house is freakishly clean since the sign went up in the yard.  My kids will need therapy when this is all said and done. 

I got an email after midnight from the realtor (does she sleep?) saying that two different people want to get in to the house today to look.  I want buyers not lookers.   We left from 10 to 12.  I loving call these people Looky Lou's.  Not the true definition of a Looky Lou. There is a definition for the Looky Lou it isn't a positive thing. Looky Lou just works for me.  Although, I wish I could call one a buyer.    

We went and drove around a neighborhood we really like to look at houses for sale, took the kids to the park and got lunch. While we were at the park we saw a hawk.  He was on a very low branch and it was really interested in where Delta (our dog) was in location to his perch.  The bird never took his eye off the dog.  I got some okay pictures.  I really want a 85 to 100 mm lens.  I digress.  

We got a call at noon from our realtor that said we could go home. HA!  Someone pulled up to the house about 5 to 10 minutes after we got home.  We couldn't leave because we had picked up lunch and had just started to eat.  It was after 12 and it was a realtor from my realtors office. He was supposed to come between 11 and 11:30.  At what point do you as the realtor make a friendly phone call to see if it is okay if they still can come?  At what point to you just say,  we are having an open house TOMORROW from 1 to 4?  We are having an open house tomorrow!  Isn't that the point of an open house?

I now see why people put in the description of the house "serious buyers only please."  I always thought that was odd until I put my house on the market.  This is the first house I have ever owned and is obviously the first I am ever going to sell.  Serious buyers only PLEASE!  As if that will happen tomorrow!  I'm sure all the neighbors will be in here ~ Looky Lou's!  

On another note look at what Aunt Ruth made everyone do tonight, although they all did it willingly...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...