Skip to main content

$300 +

The amount of money the kindergarten classes from Madison's school collected in for Pennies for Puppies for the SPCA!  We went to the SPCA today for a field trip.  It really was a great time for the kids.  They have a cow, donkey, horse and about 40 goats.  In addition to all the dogs and cats. We got to feed the farm animals carrots and apples.   

Madison's teacher has a passion for animals and thought it was a good idea (and it was) to collect pennies for the SPCA from the beginning of December to help get the kids in a giving mood and not a getting mood for Christmas.  They collected over $300 in change for the SPCA!  Five and six year old kids rock!   

Did you know you can adopt a rodent? YEP! You can adopt a hamster, gerbil and other loverly rodents.  

My personal favorite was Angie, she is a black cow.  She was so super sweet.  She was like a big dog.  She just wanted to be pet and loved.  How a cow ends up at the SPCA is a mystery to me when you live in a huge city. 

I had a great day with Madison. As soon as she got back from PE she was looking for me and joy just filled her face when she saw me sitting in her chair in her class.  It is just a field trip, but it really does make a huge difference in their day.  I cherish that I can do this with her right now.  Once Mark goes back to corporate America I might not have the opportunity to go on field trips for a while.  Carpe Diem!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...