Skip to main content

Stepping Out In Faith

Mark is attending the Pastor's conference this week.  Let me first say he doesn't feel lead to be a pastor.  His band is playing late tomorrow afternoon at the conference and because he has the time right now he decided he would go for the whole conference.  I am glad that he has the opportunity to go.  It gave him something to do for a couple days.  

I emailed a friend this morning and told her I hope he comes home renewed.  When I talked to him tonight it sounded like he is being renewed and that is refreshing. We are at a cross road in our life, but things are moving SLOW.  We know that God has a plan for us it just isn't crystal clear to us at the moment.  Our faith is being tested daily.  

We are living in perpetual limbo.  It is hard because you are constantly questioning your purpose and you tend to want to do something to "fix" what seems wrong in your life. Even when it is totally out of your control.  We can't fix the economy single handedly. I wish we could, but it will take a nation of people to spend some cash in order to get things moving.  

Although we are in limbo a few things we are pretty confident about. One is the attempt to sell our house. We look at it like this, if we are meant to sell our house it will sell.  On the other hand you can't sell your house unless it is for sale.  Touché?  So our house sits on the market. 

The realtor emailed us at 6:30 and said that a caravan of realtors, 20 to 25 in number will be here anywhere from 10:30 to noon tomorrow. To that I say "of course Mark is out of town". I'm ready though.  I feel like you have to come into our house to really appreciate what it has to offer.  Half the battle is getting people here.  A parade of realtors will be here tomorrow hopefully to help us find a buyer for this lovely abode.  And if we sell...? We will cross that bridge when we get to it. We are stepping out in faith and we will go with the flow.  

Matthew 6:25-34

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...