Skip to main content

Cheap Thrills

Tomorrow a professional photographer comes to the house to take pictures and video for the virtual tour.  I should be cleaning the house for this event, but I am blogging instead.  I think I finally got the ribbon just right.  I noticed that they were not even therefore the writing was off centered.  Mark's attitude was leave it alone.  I added a flower too.  I'm not sure if I like it, but I am moving on to Valentines Day background.  I might need another hard drive for all the free downloads.  

I am going to back track a bit...

Saturday night the girls stayed with Mark's mom overnight and Mark had band for most of the evening.  I decided this was a great time to get a little one on one with Nathan.  He is fun to be around right now.  It is hard to get alone time with him when there are five of us. Since it was just the two of us I let him pick where we were going to eat out for dinner. He picked McDonalds, what two and a half year old wouldn't?    

He got a cheeseburger Happy Meal that took him over 30 minutes to eat.  It took him so long I actually looked at the time on the receipt to see how long we had been there.  It doesn't help when a motorcycle cop pulls up and parks right in front of the window where we were sitting.  Dinner and a show!  All I heard was mama look at his boots, mama look at his helmet, mama why he have a helmet, mama what he doing, mama look! I cherish these times. So cute! 

We drove Mark's truck so that was fun for him too. We went to the dollar store. What I refer to as cheap thrills. He picked bubbles and I got a couple of night lights.  Hey big spender. (did any of you sing that?) I love when Mark plays that on the piano. Anyway,  I also picked up packing tape. Optimistically I hope to be packing sooner than later. We have boxes but are running low on tape.  

I had a great night out with Nathan.  His is going to be three this year!  THREE, how can that be?  He is not a baby anymore.  He is a little boy.  Mark is even making him a twin bed.  Gone are the days of the crib.  For the first time in over 6 years the crib will be taken apart. Bitter sweet.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...