Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo & Is it Friday or Monday?

I am so glad the day I had today happened on October 30th and not November 1st.  I have a simple life so there is no excuse to not write but today was a little out of control.  Today was a freaky Friday.  It was a perfect example of expect the unexpected I talked about this week.  

I am going to try and sum it up as fast as possible.  

I had lots of things I had to do today because well, I procrastinate sometimes. Not intentionally. Time gets away from me fast some weeks. I think it is part of the simple life. I sometimes have too much time on my hands so I tend to be too flexible with how I spend some of my time which leads me to trouble. Just being honest. Having a kid home of Tuesday didn't help the need to get things done.  Hard to shop when you have a sick kid home from school.  

My husband last night said, "What is wrong with the dog's eye?" I looked at it and didn't think much until this morning when there was clearly something wrong.  So after I drop off the kids I call the vet and get a morning appointment. $130ish later the dog has two medications and is not happy with me (or the vet tech) and I lost over an hour of my day.  Doing something that needed to get done but not planned.  

I needed to go buy flooring for our downstairs room. The family owned business is great except they really like to talk. My husband after three visits still had not placed an order. They talked him into taking samples home for my approval, I guess. I am not sure what happened but at that point it turned into a coin toss to see who gets to go and order flooring. I won? I lost?  Anyway, I had to do that today too. I actually set a timer to see how long it would take, 23 minutes.  Not too bad, but I knew what I wanted and was the only person in the store. I ran some other small errands while I was out and came home to eat lunch.  

This afternoon I get a phone call. This one was a zinger. Someone called me and asked me if I would be interested in my dream job. I can't explain much because it is not official but I might be going back to work. Craziest part is I said to my husband this morning, "I feel like I need to go back to work."  This is the kind of job I always asked, "how to you get that job?"  I know how but hard to process not applying for a job but getting a job offer.  

So in all my excitement and calling my peeps to see if this is something I should pursue my oldest calls me from school. Sick! Seriously can a woman have a Monday on a Friday? I still hadn't done everything I needed to do. All this during the time I usually write. So here it is 10:15 PM,  13 to 14 hours after I usually write. This is what has to be done during NaNoWriMo. When your Friday becomes a Monday you have to still write.  

I don't have time to edit.  I must go to bed.  Posting anyway.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook

It has been 24 days since I changed my password and logged off Facebook. I have logged on twice to see if anyone messaged me and logged back off. Which I am glad that I did because someone messaged me about math tutoring. The only thing I missed was if someone had had their baby. I was interested to know and while I tried so hard to stay off Facebook I did search her name just to see if she had the baby. Then I thought if she did have the baby and I don't know then are we really friends?   We are not friends by the true definition, just virtual Facebook friends. Top 10 Things I Don't Miss About Facebook 1. Selling of Rodan & Fields, LuLaRue, 31, Ketones or Scentsy.  I like some of these products and support you 100% and hope you do well.  The multiple posts on your product daily but nothing else in your life, blah. 2. Bragging. I love to see pictures of your vacation, if it isn't the only time you are on Facebook. 3. Posting fake news. 4. Making a comment I ...

Self Correcting Error

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.    ~ Thomas Edison   As a parent I really struggle with how much should I meddle in the affairs of my kids. At what point are you just making your kids decisions for them? Recently I went to a winter retreat with a group of middle and high school students as a chaperone. We had fun, but as a chaperone we were talking about a choice one of the kids was making and the other parent said to us along the lines of it will be a "self correcting error".  At what point do we has parents let our kids fail, not to be mean spirited but at some point you learn by error. Clearly something that is going to cause them or others physical or emotional harm needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. What about the kid that wants to take AP history? The class you know will be hard. It will take a lot of work and might not be worth the AP credit. Do you let them never even have ...

Nasty Numbers

A friend stopped by the other day for just a minute that I haven't seen in a few weeks and she asked me what I was doing to lose weight.  I said to her, "what are you talking about?"  I just thought she was crazy until Sunday.  I was getting ready for church as usual and picked out one of my newest skirts, ironed it and put it on and in fell below my waist!  I pinned it and went to church.   Today I put on another newer skirt and it too was very lose.  I then decided to get on my scale. It usually always tells me the same nasty numbers.  Today it was 9 lbs less.  I got on again to make sure it was right and it said the same thing.  9lbs?  I still think the scale is wrong.   I think it could be because I haven't gone to the drive thru's for over a month except for one day when I went on a field trip with Madison.  That speaks volumes of the fast food!  So, my goals to save money is also causing me to lose weight.  Great side effect,  save money = lose weight.   The...